Steamboat Springs Weddings & Group Lodging
Rentals in Steamboat has an inventory of over 300 handpicked properties. You can choose from ski-in and ski-out studios, luxurious and private chalets, discounted group room rates at local resort properties, and much more. We can accommodate 2 to 200 people with all of their travel plans and itineraries at the best possible price in Steamboat. We cater to groups and can also assist in making your Steamboat dream wedding a reality.
With all our group and wedding properties boasting great locations in town and on the mountain, we literally have the best places and best prices in town!
We define a group as 20 or more people traveling together during the same time period.
Please contact our Group & Wedding Sales Director with any questions or inquiries – firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-532-5930.
Getting Married in Steamboat
So many couples choose to get married in Steamboat Springs and, after seeing the town and surrounding mountains, there’s little wonder why. When you decide to have a Steamboat wedding, you’ll enjoy stunning wedding venues, breathtaking scenery, and amazing professionals who will be there to ensure your special day is one to remember. Rentals in Steamboat is here to help you plan all the lodging details involved in your wedding. We know that a lot more goes into destination wedding planning than just the lodging. So, we’ve put together some tips to help you get started with your wedding planning.
Budgeting Your Wedding
The first step in planning your wedding is budgeting and unfortunately, it’s also the least fun part, too. However, it’s very important that you get your budget established first thing and that you stick to that budget. Wedding costs can easily go overboard. And with the average cost of a U.S. wedding currently at over $25,000, that’s a big chunk of change. Now, if you have that much to spend on our nuptials, that’s wonderful. But, if you don’t, take those first budgeting steps to make sure your married life doesn’t start under a mountain of debt.
Remember to budget for smaller ticket items like:
- Wedding favors or gift bags
- Stationery and postage for save-the-date cards, invitations, and thank you cards
- Beauty treatments, like manicures, facials, or pedicures before the big day
- Gifts for your groomsmen and bridesmaids
- Gratuities for wedding service providers
- Overtime charges in the event your weddings starts late or lasts longer than anticipated
Organization, Organization, Organization!
As you start down the wedding planning road, make sure you keep everything organized. You may find that a notebook, binder, or even online planning software is helpful. The important part is that you keep copies of all your contracts as well as copies of any changes to those agreements. If you’ve given your service providers with any special instructions, keep a copy of those instructions with you on your big day. So, in the event there’s been any miscommunication, you can easily hand over a copy of those instructions to ensure that you’re all on the same page.
Pick the Date
Your wedding date is a day you’ll celebrate every year. Before you pick that date, however, you’ll need to keep in mind that Steamboat Springs hosts a number of festivals and other events throughout the year. If you decide to schedule your wedding at the same time as a large event, it may be more difficult to secure lodging. Costs for lodging and things, like venue rentals, may be more expensive as there will be increased demand. If you’re intent on having your wedding close to a major holiday, prices will be much more expensive than at other times during the year.
Your Wedding Venue
There are dozens of wedding venues throughout the Steamboat Springs area. Whether you’re interested in an outdoor venue with sweeping views or an indoor venue that provides a more intimate feel, you won’t be disappointed. Keep the following in mind when deciding on where to have your wedding and/or reception:
- Will your wedding and reception be at the same place? While there are venues that can host both, some locales may not have the facilities for both.
- What does your guest list look like? If you have a sizable guest list, your options for venues may be more limited.
- How much work is expected of you? Some venues may have dedicated staff on hand for setting up and taking down of things like decorations, tables, chairs, etc. If they don’t, you’ll have to plan accordingly to ensure that everything is taken care of before and after the wedding.
- Do you want a religious ceremony? In some instances, religious ceremonies need to be conducted in places of worship.
Plan for Mountain Weather!
If you’re planning a spring or fall wedding, keep in mind that Steamboat weather can change drastically from day to day. (It’s not uncommon to have very warm temperatures one day and snow the next.) For summer weddings, expect rain and/or thunderstorms in the afternoon. For winter weddings, you might encounter a dusting of snow or a full-blown blizzard. A standby venue for either your wedding or reception can be a lifesaver and prevent you from having to postpone your wedding or trying to find something else at the last minute.
Picking the Perfect Accommodations in Steamboat
Our Wedding Sales Director is here to help you find the lodging you need to meet your and your guests’ needs. You may want to consider putting together a list of the lodging types you’re considering as you finalize your guest list. Don’t forget about other activities that you and your guests will be taking part of while in town. For instance, if you’re planning on skiing and many of your guests are as well, slopeside or ski-in/ski-out properties might be the best choice.
There are a variety of lodging options in Steamboat Springs and you may be able to get group discounts at select properties. You may interested in renting one large, luxury home for the bridal party or you may want to reserve several condominiums in the same complex. We’ll work with you to ensure that you get exactly what you want!
Getting the Marriage License
Typically, getting your marriage license is one of the easiest parts of the wedding. In Steamboat, you can apply for a marriage license at the Clerk and Recorder Office, located at 522 Lincoln Avenue. It’s valid upon receipt and it must be used within 35 days in the State of Colorado. To get a marriage license, you and your intended must present valid ID, fill out the paperwork, and pay the license fee. In Colorado, you can solemnize your own marriage (as can judges or religious officials) and witnesses are not required.
For more information on getting your Colorado marriage license, take a look at the Routt County Marriage License web page.
Group Lodging in Steamboat
If you’ve been placed in charge of planning your next corporate retreat or family reunion, Rentals in Steamboat can help you get everything squared away and sort out all the details. We can suggest properties that are perfect for your group’s needs and help you find properties that offer discounted room rates.
Your Steamboat Corporate Retreat or Family Reunion
Being put in charge of organizing a large group get-together is not an easy task and we at Rentals in Steamboat know that. Not only will we help you find accommodations that meet your budget, but we’ll help you find lodging that meets everyone’s needs. We can suggest the best locations and amenities for your gathering that will help make your event that much better. We define a groups as 20 or more people traveling together during the same time period. But, even if you’re traveling with a smaller group, we’re still here to help!
Choosing Group Lodging in Steamboat
As you start planning your group event, consider who will be attending. Is your event large with several groups of people or is it smaller with a close-knit group of individuals? If you choose to book several condominiums or townhomes in one complex, everyone will be close by but they’ll still have plenty of private space. Alternatively, you can choose to rent a large luxury home. This will give your group a central location throughout their Steamboat stay.
You should also consider what activities are on the agenda during the event. Do you want to be close to the slopes or would you like a rental that’s a bit more secluded? And finally, don’t forget about how everyone will get to their accommodations. If you’re considering a secluded chalet, you’ll need to ensure that everyone can get there easily.
If you’re finding yourself a bit overwhelmed with all the details, give us a call at 866-532-5930. We’ll answer all of your questions and help you find exactly what you’re looking for.
Why Choose Steamboat Springs for Your Group Event?
We at Rentals in Steamboat love Steamboat Springs – so admittedly, we’re a little biased. But if you’re still not convinced that Steamboat is for you, read on:
- Steamboat is a gorgeous destination all year round – In the summer months, you’ll be treated to plentiful wildflowers and rushing mountain creeks. In the winter, enjoy the view of snow-capped peaks. The fall is amazing, too, with gold aspen trees all throughout the mountainsides.
- There’s something to please everyone – From skiing and snowshoeing in the winter to whitewater rafting and hiking the summer, everyone in your group will have plenty to choose from regardless of when you decide to visit.
- Steamboat is easily accessible and it’s easy to get around town – The Yampa Valley Airport has direct flights from a number of cities across the United States, with even more available service during the winter months. You can also choose to fly into Denver International Airport and drive to Steamboat. The drive can take from 3 to 4 hours depending on weather and traffic conditions. (It’s a wonderful drive to take during the summer months, but if you’re not used to winter mountain driving conditions, we suggest you take a shuttle or fly directly into Steamboat.) Once you’re in town, take advantage of the free bus that offers service throughout town.
- Downtown Steamboat – You should definitely spend some time exploring downtown Steamboat during your trip. It’s full of unique shops, gourmet restaurants, and much more. Even if you’re not in the mood to do some shopping, Steamboat Springs is quaint and picturesque with a distinctive Old West-feel.